School Tuition Waiver
Through the work of community partners and Foster Care to Success (FC2S), Arizona has two educational support programs for foster youth. The Arizona Education and Training Voucher Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program which can provide youth who are or were in U.S. foster care up to $5,000 a year for qualified school-related expenses. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students.
The Arizona Tuition Waiver is available to foster you and former foster youth attending Arizona public community colleges and four-year colleges and universities. Prospective students who may be eligible for ETV or the Tuition Waiver can visit the FC2S website and apply directly online. Students who have already applied for ETV but not the Tuition Waiver can log into their student portal and check the Tuition Waiver box to see about program eligibility. They can also reach out to the AZ Coordinator at (855)220-8200 or email email@example.com
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for assistance, students must meet the following requirements:
1. Is a resident of Arizona
2. Is a U.S. citizen or is a non-citizen lawfully present in the U.S.
3. Is currently in foster care in Arizona and at least 16 years old
4. Was in foster care in Arizona when he/she was at least 16 years old
5. Was adopted from Arizona’s foster care system after turning 16
6 . Is under 21 years of age when the first Tuition Waiver is awarded
7. Has completed and submitted a FAFSA before each school year
8 . Has total personal assets worth less than $10,000 (assets do NOT include scholarships
Requirements for Maintaining Eligibility
1. If you are in good standing and progressing toward earning a credential, you remain eligible for funding until your 23rd birthday.
2. After the first academic year you receive a Tuition Waiver, you must complete a minimum of 30 hours of volunteer service before the next academic year starts.
Calculation of Tuition Waivers & Other Grants and Scholarships
1. Tuition Waivers only cover tuition and mandatory fees.
2. Tuition Waivers will only be applied after a your university or community college first applies monies from the Federal Pell Grant Program
3. Private grants and scholarships are not calculated against the Tuition Waiver.