Sometimes the difference between a good school year and a less-than-stellar school year lies in the little things. Especially for a child in foster care.
Today there are just over 13,000 children in foster care, and every day 24 more children will enter foster care in Arizona. Most of these children have been physically abused, neglected, sexually assaulted or emotionally abused by the very people they rely on to keep them safe. They enter foster care with little more than the clothes on their back and are most likely behind in school, as well as in their social and educational development.
Join the Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation, Arizona Helping Hands and VOICES for CASA Children for our 7th Annual Backpack and School Supply Drive. We need your help to reach our goal of providing 6,500 backpacks filled with school supplies to children in foster care. Whether you purchase one backpack or three, you can help a child in foster care begin the school with one less worry.
There are several ways for you to get involved:
- Provides 350 fully-stocked backpacks to children in foster care
- Receive prominent recognition on backpack drive flyers, posters, press releases and social media (over all three agencies’ pages, reaching a minimum audience of 28,400)
- Provides175 fully-stocked backpacks to children in foster care
- Receive recognition on backpack drive flyers, press releases and social media (over all three agencies’ pages, reaching a minimum audience of 28,400)
Sponsor acollection drive
- Hold a collection drive for needed items at your business or in your community group – we’ll even provide boxes and posters!
be a drop-offlocation
- Use your business or organization as a drop-off location for backpacks and supplies